Over the holidays we were given a huge pumpkin, and as we are only two people, this required me to get a bit creative. There has been a recipe that I wanted to try and this was the perfect opportunity. Pumpkin Fritters. Try this and let me know what you think.
- 500ml finely mashed cooked pumpkin (this is about 2 cups)
- 125ml cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 5ml lemon juice
- Oil for shallow frying
- Cinnamon sugar
- Drain the cooked and mashed pumpkin
- Mix pumpkin, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- Beat the eggs and lemon together and mix into the flower mixture to make a fairly runny batter
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and scoop spoonful’s of the batter into the hot oil
- Fry until bubbles form on the surface, turn and fry until brown.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over